|By: Paul S. Cilwa||Viewed: 4/25/2019
|Topics/Keywords: #Oregon||Page Views: 923|
|Little hints that, no matter where you are, you may have come from the beaver state.|
I do have friends and in-laws who live in Oregon. Perhaps they'll get a chuckle out of this reminder.
You May Be From Oregon If You…
- Youíve used a pick-up line involving the quality of your compost pile.
- Youíve eaten in an Eastern Oregon diner whose wall hangings include a bull emasculator.
- Youíve never owned an umbrella.
- Youíve named a child Autzen or Reser.
- Youíve eaten clam chowder while watching a boat crew gut ling cod on the docks below.
- You know more than a dozen names for rain.
- You find yourself defending the socially redeeming value of "Animal House."
- You know who Walter Umenhofer is.
- Fully clothed and smelling of dry sweat, youíve slept with a total stranger on the floor of a van during the Hood-to-Coast Relay.
- You remember where you were on Columbus Day 1962.
- You can tell the difference between black olives and elk scat.
- You know the significance of 0-0.
- You doubt the existence of God but believe, unequivocally, in Bigfoot.
- Your fingers occasionally turn purple on late-summer evenings from picking blackberries.
- Youíve sat next to a guy wearing a tux at the Hult Center while in the same jeans you wore to the top of Mount Pisgah that afternoon.
- Youíve already forgotten how long last winter was but remember your REI member number and Nick Symmondsí 200 splits in last summerís Olympic Trials 800.
- Youíve melted a lawn chair during a windy beach fire.
- You have a masterís in sociology, which, in your job, helps you understand the cultural differences between those who order ventis, grandes and talls.
- Youíve played golf on a day so wet that the cups literally runneth over.
- Youíve never tried to pet or pick up a baby seal.
- The back of your car features a bike rack, trailer hitch and/or multiple political stickers from presidential races that were contested more than a decade ago.
- While fishing, you use recycled java jackets to keep your salmon eggs warm.
- Youíve Googled, blogged or Twittered about remedies for poison oak.
- You find a briefcase too cumbersome to take to work, but gladly hang your bike on the ceiling of your office.
- Youíre convinced "Louie, Louie" is the state song.
- Youíve sat through a rainy Civil War football game while wearing a Glad trash bag.
- Youíve drunk a microbrew with a fisher poet in Astoria.
- Youíve worn rafting sandals to a wedding—your own.
- Youíve burned grass seed fields or written letters protesting the burning of grass seed fields.
- Youíve stayed in an Eastern Oregon motel that includes signs warning guests not to clean their deer on the beds.